I suggest you ...

Allow users to mark tweets as "unpolitical" or spam

Politwitter trys hard to have the tweets displayed on the site only be political in nature. All of the tweets from people on the sites list are not always included, and other filters are in place. But because of the nature of hashtags and even people that are on the list and who mostly tweet politics, sometimes tweets are displayed that are not relevant in anyway.

So I've been thinking about allow users to "mark" tweets as unpolitical or spam.

I'm still trying to think of the right way to handle this, I could simply remove a tweet once it has X amount of marks or votes. But this could be used by partisan tweeters.

I could also have an admin approval, where I have to approve the final removal, but that will take longer since I'm not always sitting watching the site 24/7.

So it will have to be some mix between the two, I could even giver certain people a "trusted" status and their markings would hold more influence.

This system could also be used to "vote for" a tweet, so then i could produce a view of the most popular tweets and so on.

I'm interesting in some feedback or ideas on this.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)